Dryer vent sparks fire in Monsey

Posted on 20 October 2014 by Josh Green

lohud

Alex Taylor, artaylor@lohud.com

More than 45 firefighters responded to a blaze that broke out Sunday morning at a multifamily dwelling at 25 Cedar Lane.

The fire started shortly before 9 a.m. Officials said it appears to have begun in a lint-clogged dryer vent in the building’s basement DryerVentlaundry room, and then crept up into the walls and ceiling of the two-story, 2,698-square-foot structure.

The fire was quickly extinguished and there were no injuries, according to Monsey Fire Chief Rick LaGarde.

“We contained it to that one apartment,” he said. “Then we did some overhaul and pulled down a couple of ceilings.”

The dwelling, which has been divided into a dozen or so units, suffered some smoke and water damage. Building and fire officials were reportedly looking into numerous building code violations unrelated to the fire.

Fire crews from Hillcrest and South Spring Valley assisted Monsey firefighters.

Twitter: @alextailored

http://www.lohud.com/story/news/local/rockland/2014/10/19/dryer-vent-sparks-fire-monsey/17572515/

 

Leave a Reply

Advertise Here
Advertise Here
September 2018
M T W T F S S
« Apr    
 12
3456789
10111213141516
17181920212223
24252627282930